It’s grilling season! Grilled fish, grilled chicken, grilled veggies, grilled steak… Is your mouth watering yet? How about a grilled steak sandwich with Trazza original hummus, red onions and feta cheese wrapped up in warm flat bread? Trust us, it’s delicious!
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seasoned feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Trazza hummus – Original flavor
- 1 pound grilled flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pocketless pitas / flatbread
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Pierce the steak all over with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak until browned on one side, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook about 7 more minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing (against the grain).
- Lightly brush one side of the flatbread with the olive oil and grill, oiled-side down, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Remove flatbread from the grill and spread Trazza Original Hummus onto non-oiled side.
- Top with the lettuce, steak slices, red onion and feta crumbles.
- Gently fold in in half and enjoy!
Makes four sandwiches.